Location: Denver, CO
Local candidates only please
- Review client documentation, tax returns and work papers for accuracy
- Plan and complete assignments in a timely manner consistent with Client Service Standards
- Recognize, research, document and satisfactorily resolve technical tax issues
- Supervise tax team members assigned to client engagements and/or assignments
- Work closely with and directly communicate with partners, managers, team members, in addition to client personnel
- Development of tax team members:
- Motivate and be respected by subordinates.
- Demonstrate positive contributions to firm's recruitment, education, development, and retention efforts
- Serve as a Mentor, Advisor, and/or Career Development Coordinator (if assigned)
- Provide team members with timely and candid feedback – supporting the firm's performance management process
- Assist in proposals and business development for new and prospective clients
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related degree (Master's degree in Taxation preferred)
- CPA or JD designation (Required)
- Six or more years of tax compliance and consulting experience
- Previous experience managing Tax staff teams
- Public accounting experience is required
- Experience working with corporate, partnership, and fiduciary structures
- Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively utilize technology and the commitment to learning in the technology environment
- Knowledge and understanding of the following tax-related topics:
- Tax implications of merger and acquisition activity
- Corporate, partnership, trust, and individual tax compliance requirements
- IRS exams
- Excellent supervisory, analytical and leadership ability
- Have the ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services, and possess strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, analytical and research abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel preferred)
- Ability to successfully contribute to the success of the Federal Tax Services Group
Please forward your resume in a Word format, as an attachment to email@example.com.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)