Location: St. Louis, MO
Local candidates only please
Primary purpose and function of position:
Coordinate Human Resources (HR) activities including, but not limited to: hiring, training, benefits, compensation, performance management and HR policy development and administration
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, lead, motivate and develop company efforts in hiring, performance management and employee relations
- Maintain and administer all employee benefit plans for both union and salaried employee groups including life, health, dental, vision, pension, etc.
- Facilitate employee development activities such as New Employee Orientation, Development Plans, Skills Assessments, Performance Appraisals, Performance Improvement Plans
- Spearhead employee training and align training to meet the needs of employees and job responsibilities
- Serve as company expert and provide guidance to management on various aspects of payroll policies and employment law (Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, sexual harassment, disciplinary procedures, etc.)
- Distribute and enforce corporate, state and federal personnel related policies
- Coach supervisors/managers in handling employee performance and relations issues and provide training on employee recruitment/screening and effective interviewing techniques
- Oversee accurate and timely payroll process
- Manage discipline, termination and promotion processes
- Administer Workers Compensation program including filing claims, injury investigations, return to work programs, settlements, etc.
- Evaluate and recommend salary/wages for annual increases
- Oversee and monitor all required pre-employment procedures
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 5 years of Human Resources experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Solid understanding of legal concerns in the area of employee relations, HR law, personnel management. Knowledge of alcohol laws is a plus.
- Familiarity with union labor contracts and union labor environment
- Strong leadership and influence skills
- Knowledge of budget development and management
- Highly organized with ability to manage priorities and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to details
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
For immediate consideration please forward your resume in Word format, as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)