Location: St. Louis, MO
Local candidates only please
A highly regarded Agribusiness corporation, located in West County, is seeking a Senior Accounting Specialist to assist in their Climate Division. This individual will be responsible for day-to-day general ledger accounting activities, accounting for complex transactions and financial statement reporting. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of related experience along with a Bachelor of Science degree. An Accounting Degree or CPA is preferred.
- Collaborate with the Manager of General Ledger and reporting, Corporate Departments and Global Teams to carry out day-to-day activities
- Work with stakeholders and other departments to execute local/group reporting
- Research as needed to obtain insights for assigned areas of accounting
- Prepare local reporting as assigned utilizing team members, internal clients, supporting work papers to accomplish such tasks
- Manage operational duties regarding vendor costs,
- Basic expense tracking of actuals and forecast
- Manage 3 way communication between Operations, Engineering and Finance Departments
- Assist with software integration and implementation
- Track actual expenses posted vs planned, and follow up to ensure expense postings occur on time by month end
- Track invoices and payments to suppliers
- Provide finance summary forecast of monthly purchases related to capital
- Be able to track missing invoices in AP modules, follow up on miscoded invoices and request re-classifications of expense as needed
- Help operations lead to match monthly actuals to forecasted items in month in a tracking spreadsheet
- Assist with project/portfolio reporting
- Assist with monthly and quarterly SW capitalization reporting
- Desire to start and complete tasks
- Experience with expenses and forecasting
- Balance multiple responsibilities on a given day
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets or a willingness to learn
- Basic business acumen and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance to meet deadlines
- Solid communication skills and friendly demeanor
- Team oriented mentality
- Persistence to overcome obstacles
This is a contracted positon with an industry leader looking for a start date beginning ASAP through December. There is a high probability of the contract being extended and turning into a long term assignment. This client wants to make their decision quickly, so please don't hesitate in responding to this opportunity.
Please forward your resume in a Word format, as an attachment to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)