Location: St. Louis, MO
Local candidates only please
The Accounting Administrator is responsible for directing the accounting functions of the firm in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. The Accounting Administrator position is responsible for the accuracy of the bookkeeper and will oversee the accuracy of the AP/ AR and day-to-day operations. This position will record journal entries, produce financials, and accounts payable & receivable. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals and managing within approved plans and objectives.
This position is responsible for Human Resource duties and administrative duties to include benefit packages, managing insurance policies, updating records and questions relating to Human Resources (HR) policies, programs, practices or to resolve issues, own data auditing and integrity. The Accounting Administrator should also have a strong organizational skill with a high attention to detail, outstanding time management and communication skills, a commitment to exceptional customer support, and the ability to build relationships at every level of the organization. This person must be comfortable dealing with highly sensitive and confidential matters. Our ideal candidate enjoys working in a dynamic and high growth environment and is experienced in supporting Accounting, Human Resources and Administration duties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following,
• Participate in the development of the firm’s plans and programs
• Provide timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis in order to assist the managing partners and senior executives in performing their responsibilities
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce accounting policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the firm
• Optimize bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
• Develop reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism
• Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing comprehensive internal controls designed to mitigate risks
• Provide for a system of management cost reports
• Ensure that all accounting transactions are completed in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, adjusting journal entries, General Ledger reconciliations, bank reconciliations, financial statements, month-end close, year-end close
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and ad hoc reporting
• Evaluate and advise on financial trends
• Assist in the accurate and timely completion of all income tax returns
• Manage all benefit and insurance packages for the company
• Assist in recruiting and on-boarding efforts
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, and participating in professional societies
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills: concise, articulate and confident
• Outstanding listening skills with ability to navigate and consult with employees through personal and sometimes difficult circumstances.
• Ability to diagnose a problem and lead correction efforts through effective communication and efficient execution.
• Drives results and is solutions oriented.
• Outstanding project management skills including ownership over planning, tracking and communicating project status/results.
• Exceptional time management, organizational, prioritization and follow-up skills.
• Places high priority on data integrity and security, confidentiality.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with employment laws and practices.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
• 10+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience for a major company
• Thorough knowledge of general accounting including skills plus the application of general accounting theory
• Must be proficient in MS Office package as well as accounting software packages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 1 - 2 years of experience in Human Resources a plus
Please forward your resume in Word format, as an attachment to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)