Location: St. Louis, MO
Local candidates only please
Excellent opportunity to make a change to a mid-size company with a great reputation and stability. We are looking for an HR Specialist to join our team and monitor all Human Resources functions while supporting the Director of Human Resources. HR Specialist responsibilities include preparing compensation and benefits packages, setting up company policies and maintaining updated employee records. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of full cycle recruiting and solid knowledge of employment law and coaching supervisors on performance improvement plans. Ultimately, you will foster a healthy workplace by ensuring our HR procedures run smoothly at all times.
· Prepare and review compensation and benefits packages
· Administer health and life insurance programs
· Implement training and development plans
· Plan quarterly and annual performance review sessions
· Inform employees about additional benefits they’re eligible for (e.g extra vacation days)
· Union experience is a plus.
· Update employee records with new hire information and/or changes in employment status
· Maintain organizational charts and detailed job descriptions along with salary records
· Forecast hiring needs and ensure recruitment process runs smoothly
· Develop and implement HR policies throughout the organization
· Monitor budgets by department
· Process employees’ queries and respond in a timely manner
· Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in labor legislation
· 2+ years proven work experience as an HR Specialist or HR Generalist
· Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems
· Solid understanding of employment law and payroll process
· Critical thinking in working with employee matters
· Familiarity with full cycle recruiting
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good problem-solving abilities
· Team management skills
· Master's Degree is highly preferred. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources is required.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume in Word format, as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)