Location: St. Louis, MO
Local candidates only please
Rapidly Growing and a Leader in the Industry!
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a large healthcare industry headquartered in California, but working in St. Louis MO. This company is rapidly growing and is adding on this position. This company offers independence, great culture and flexibility along with excellent benefits.
The company seeks these key skills to be considered:
· CPA with Big 4 audit experience; knowledgeable of PCAOB standards and current accounting pronouncements. IPO experience is a plus.
· Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in a corporate environment, and 3+ years of successful supervisory experience.
· Solid foundation in SEC rules and regulations, SEC reporting (including 10-K, 10-Q, proxy and 8-Ks)
· Strong technical accounting experience, including writing accounting memos and negotiating complex accounting issues with external auditors.
· SOX 404 experience
· Technically savvy with systems and ability to build processes and utilize technology to enhance productivity, reduce errors, and mitigate risks.
· Strong communication and analytical skills.
· Attention to details, high organizational skills.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to collaborate with cross-functional team members.
· Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting or related field.
· CPA designation required
The Controller will be primarily responsible for the financial close, financial reporting, technical accounting, internal controls, treasury, taxes, and all regulatory filings. The controller will lead or support other areas as required. Key responsibilities include:
· Lead US GAAP compliant financial reporting and analysis, including the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process and reporting packages. This responsibility includes hands-on close activities.
· Oversee general accounting, ledgers, reporting systems, payroll, 401K, accounts payable and treasury functions.
· Function as the expert for technical accounting - keep abreast of changes in accounting requirements, develop, maintain, and enforce technical accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP, and write comprehensive accounting memos.
· Establish, adjust, and document internal controls, policies, and procedures to ensure SOX compliance.
· Manage audit processes and relationships with external auditors. Support the conduct of all external audit activity.
· Manage the company’s tax reporting and filing processes. Manage and review the Company’s tax advisors, in preparing the Company’s income tax returns, tax provision, tax disclosures, tax studies and analyses.
· Oversee equity administration, accounting, and systems.
· Prepare special investors reports.
· Support readiness for future financings, potentially including an IPO.
Please respond quickly. Our client is moving with urgency on this position. If you have what it takes to succeed, please send your resume in Word format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will take place starting the week of June 7th, 2021.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)