Location: St. Louis, MO
Local candidates only please
Stable and growing company that is well known in their area of expertise is seeking a Purchasing Agent to be responsible purchasing both raw materials and finished goods and maintain inventory. This opportunity doesn't come around very often as this company has a wonderful culture with low employee turnover and excellent benefits.
• Track product sales and material usage
• Help determine and implement optimal purchasing lead times, replenishment quantities and reorder points
• Create, manage, and expedite purchase orders; obtain order confirmations and ensure shipments and deliveries are timely and accurate
• Work closely with Sales to understand and project future customer demand taking into consideration any significant new products, product promotions, new customers, or any other shifts in customer activities
• Work closely with Marketing to ensure all retail packaging artwork is delivered to vendors in timely manner
• Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions collaborating with management, marketing, sales, production, or engineering
• Bachelor of Science in Business, supply chain or related field
• 3+ years’ experience in purchasing/demand planning functions including managing inventory
• Experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment a must
• Effective understanding of international import logistics and minimizing freight costs
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including vendor negotiation experience
• Proven record of team building skills with effective results among many departments
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to make quick and efficient decisions in a fast paced environment
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work well with others
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
For immediate consideration please forward your resume in Word as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)