Location: St. Louis, MO
Local candidates only please
If you have been seeking a flexible, remote working position, but don't want to lose your professional accounting skills, this could be the opportunity for you. This is a contract position where the length of assignment is indefinite. You will be working with one of the most respected firms in St. Louis. The successful candidate will work directly with managers, partners and clients of the firm’s Real Estate Services Group. Candidate will use their basic foundation in accounting to develop specialized skills related to property accounting and financial reporting for affordable housing and general real estate projects. Accountants must be familiar with the professionalism and client service standards necessary to effectively and efficiently address client needs while working in a team environment to exceed client expectations.
• Compute and prepare daily adjusting journal entries, general ledger entries, and reconciliations for a portfolio of real estate properties
• Prepare and reconcile financial reports to include Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statements, Statement of Cash Flows, etc.
• Reconcile Bank Accounts, tenant accounts receivables and accounts payable
• Complete month-end closings
• Complete special accounting-related projects as assigned
• Bachelor's or Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• 1 – 3 years experience as a Staff Accountant
• Specific experience in property accounting is desirable, but not required
• Ability to effectively use technology and commitment to learning in the technology environment
• Experienced user of computer-based accounting systems including Sage Intact and/or OneSite is desirable, but not required
• Experienced user of Microsoft Excel
• Detail-oriented with the ability to meet client deadlines
Please forward your resume in a Word format, as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)