Location: St. Louis, MO
Local candidates only please
Directs and coordinates all accounting and treasury operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable/billing, cash receipts, payroll and investment accounting. Prepares financial reports and coordinates external audit and preparation of filings to funding agencies. Directly supervises: Payroll Coordinator, Accounts Receivable Coordinator, Accounts Payable Coordinator, and Accounting Clerk.
• Supervises accounts payable, accounts receivable, billing, cash receipts and payroll functions. Establishes and implements processes related to timing and format of account reconciliations and other procedures to ensure the accuracy of financial data and control over agency assets.
• Maintain proper financial reporting and general ledger administration
• Prepares or directs preparation of financial statements, annual budget worksheets and results, and acts as a resource to departments as they prepare budgets. Participates in the yearly budget and reforecast meetings.
• Prepare journal entries, monthly and yearly closing transactions, and bank reconciliations. Analyze operating results compared to the budget and to prior year
• Reconciles various Agency systems prior to import into accounting software
• Acts as liaison with bank representatives and monitors back charges and account features to ensure cost effectiveness of bank account type. Ensures bank account reconciliations are completed on a timely basis.
• Approves stop payment requests and initiates wire transfers and EFTs.
• Performs certain system administrator functions for Abila MIP accounting system, including training on features, new modules and new releases. Trains accounting employees on software, as necessary, to increase efficiency of account reconciliations and other functions.
• Manages company’s employee purchasing card program.
• Establishes, communicates and ensures adherence to policy for employee travel, mileage and meal expenses.
• Handles recording of all investment activity including realized/unrealized gains and losses, dividends, withdrawals, transfers to operation fund and additional investments. Reconciles all investment accounts monthly to ensure accuracy of endowment fund reports.
• Verifies details of semi-monthly payroll submission prior to processing of payroll.
• Coordinates the audit and provides requested information to outside auditors to ensure fieldwork and audit report are completed in a timely manner.
• Prepares reports required by various funding agencies
• Establishes and maintains systems, processes and controls which verify the accuracy of financial information and provide safeguards over agency assets.
• Plays key role in system implementations (e.g. membership database, accounting systems, etc.) and other special projects as assigned.
• Attends relevant committee meetings. Provides direct support to the Finance and Investment committees.
• Interviews, selects, hires and supervises employees. Conducts performance reviews, makes recommendations for salary adjustments and provides training to new and existing employees.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• 7-10 years of total accounting/finance experience. Accounting experience in a not for profit environment preferred but not required.
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in accounting is required. CPA is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Proficient using Excel, financial reporting systems and other related software. Must have track record demonstrating capability to learn and master new systems.
• Must be able to handle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Must have effective organizational skills.
• Must be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with multiple department heads, management and staff.
• Experience with Abila MIP accounting software and/or CSI Spectrum is a plus but not required.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume in a Word format, as an attachment to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)